How much do camgirls make? – actual data from models
Webcamming for money has become a lucrative profession. One of the most common questions potential webcam models have is “how much do camgirls make?”. It is a fair and logical question to ask but the truth is the answer depends on a wide range of factors that affect income. Not only does income depend on the activities performed while camming but also on appearance of the model. Get the facts about the webcam models salary and what to realistically expect.
- 1 How much do camgirls make? – actual data from models
- 1.1 Webcam Models Income
- 1.2 How much do Asian cam girls make?
- 1.3 What is the work schedule for cam girl looks like?
- 1.4 Factors that impacts webcam model income
- 1.5 The expenses that webcam models have to pay
- 1.6 How to find best paying cam sites
- 1.7 Don’t want anyone to know you work as a webcam girl?
- 1.8 Marketing approach
- 1.9 Cam girl career
- 1.10 Conclusion
Webcam Models Income
This date is based on 1000 models who worked with us in the past.(2018)
As you can see, about 50% of webcam model income is less than $25 per hours. The webcam model salary used to be higher than this figure in 5 years ago. But since the number of models has been rapidly increasing, webcam model is not as lucrative as it used to be. The data does not include Black and Hispanic race as we do not work with these races as we know these models do not do well at the market we are in.
Now question is how much you can earn if you become a webcam model. Little thing to note is that the graph above is average based one year information. The earning tends to be high for first month as there is a promotion for new cam girls. If you multiply the number by 25%, it is about first month income average.
How much do Asian cam girls make?
If you are Asian, the probability that you make high earning goes up.
Top 3% of Asian models make $280 to $500 per hours. 4% of Asian models make $100 $280. Based on our data, 74% of Asian models are making less than $50 per hours. This data is from our internal data that includes Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, Filipino, Vietnamese and Thai working at Asian webcam sites. In addition, this data does not include models who quit working within 3 broadcasting times. The reasons that they fail is that those models did not have proper setup, equipment and attitude. Those people who want to make money as a cam-girl need to understand how important the basic things. People often misunderstand how easy it is to make money as a cam girl. Thus they just register and start broadcasting without understanding what you are doing. Some broadcast not knowing who they are targeting. Some broadcast sitting in front of camera looking bored. If you are thinking to get in to camming business, do not forget that you are competing against professionals who are trying everything to entertain viewers.
We as am Japanese webcam model agency, provide all the knowledge and supports so that models do not fail.
What is the work schedule for cam girl looks like?
Our models usually work 2 to 3 days a week for 2 to 3 hours per day. Most of them are students or have full time work. They use their spare time to work with us. The time that you need to devote is at least 2 hours for 1 session. This is because there are good time and bad time within one day. It is almost like fishing, you will never be able to expect when the “fish bites”
This is typical newbie failure that they stop working because they do not get any viewers in 30 minutes or so. 30 minute may feel long but it is possible that you are broadcasting at bad time. Furthermore, it is very possible that you are not actively hunting viewers but waiting viewers to come in.
The good time is usually night time no matter which cam sites you work at. Night time, however, means night time for viewers. Big cam sites have viewers coming from several regions which night time is different among them.
How much do cam girls make at US or European based sites?
We do not have exact accumulated data and probably no one except cam sites owners has the data. Cam girls are unwilling to share how much they are actually making. So we conducted a study asking 9 models who are willing to corporate with us. We then analysed the number to make statistical estimation. From the analysis, we are 95% statistically confident that the cam girls average income per hour is between $2.062 to $44.997. More details about this experiment is at “How much do cam girls make?:9 models 1 week experiment”
Here is factors that address the question on “How much do camgirls make?”
Factors that impacts webcam model income
- Attractiveness: It is undeniable that better-looking models earn more than their less attractive models in the webcam modeling industry. However, one should not worry too much about their looks as it is not the sole factor determining income. It is also good to remember that different people are attracted to different things and you just need to find the right customers to whom you will be attractive. You have to remember that your self-evaluation is often way off as your evaluation on yourself is based on your culture. Being a webcam model, you would deal with viewers all over the world. They have a different standard and different preference. So until you try, you would not know if you can be popular or not.
- Personality: Personality is a very important factor in camming world. A person who laughs alots tend to make more money. Positive attitude is the key to entertain viewers who pay money. No one wants to talk someone who is not positive.
- Pay out rate: The payout rate is % that sites pay out to models from what viewers actually paid. The payout percentage ranges from 30% to 70%.
- The rate that the site charges to customer: There are 2 type of charging.
- Tipping base: The viewers can decide how much to give you in this type. There are so many freeloaders that do not pay anything but watch your show for free. Tipping base sites tend to have higher standard deviation on the earning. High standard deviation means the gap between bad day and good day is bigger. Also the gap between higher earning models and low earning models is bigger.
- Pay per minutes: The viewers need to pay based on how much they watch your show. It is usually charged per minutes. The rates are either fixed ranging from $1 to $2 or flexible that you can change how much to charge. Pay per minutes site is usually easier to make money than tipping based site.
- Number of Regular Customers: Regular and loyal customers are the backbone of every business. This is true for the webcam modeling industry too and models often make a chunk of their income through regular customers. However, maintaining a solid fan base isn’t easy. One needs to stick to a constant schedule and perform on a regular basis besides being active on some social networking sites at all times. This ensures the fans feel they are always in touch and know what’s happening.
- Showing face or not: Hiding face while broadcasting does negatively impact income. The earning goes down by 30% to 50% if face is not shown. However, if you are not as pretty as other models but have great body, hiding face may increase the earning.
- Blocked Regions: It is a regular practice among webcam models to block some regions so that people living there can’t see them. Some sites allow models to block entire states and in some cases even entire countries. However, this can be negative for your business as you are also blocking a large amount of potential traffic from that specific state. Blocking states containing big cities with huge populations is usually not advisable.
- Quality of Show: This is obvious as performing acts that are not so common will grab you more eyeballs. It can be incredibly difficult to make money webcamming in the beginning and many models often resort to X-rated performances to attract viewers initially. It is true that more money can be earned through such performances and incorporating special requests from fans or fetishes can earn you big tips in a single performance.
- HD webcam: Often new models wander “how much do camgirls make?” without proper equipment such as HD webcam, light and high speed internet. The equipment determines the basic quality of your show. Even if you are attractive, you can not show it with low quality webcam. This is the most basic thing that models tend to ignore. Without good HD camera, you can not even compete against other models. So if you are not willing to invest on HD webcam, do not even try to broadcast as we grantee you will waste your time.
- High speed internet: The high speed internet is as important as HD camera. Before you get good cosmetics and cloths, you should get high speed internet. Why? Because you can not show how awesome you look without high speed internet. Without high speed internet, your HD camera does not do its job as it should too. HD quality show usually requires 1 to 1.5 Mbps uploading speed. High speed internet and HD camera are usually the reasons why models from developing country can not earn as much as they should compared with models from other countries.
- Jitter and ping: These are also important factors regarding your broadcasting quality. Ping is the time that it takes to exchange information between you and the server you are connecting. If ping is more than 50ms, your connection is considered slow which results in time lag. Jitter is how varied your connection response speed is. The lower the jitter, more stale your ping is.
The higher jitter and ping are caused by several factors. But mainly it is due to physical distance between you and server, old Ethernet cable and old router.
- Light setting: You got high speed internet and an HD webcam. That’s great. Now you have to set up your show nicely with lighting. You have to remember that you are selling your show. You have to make your show look like awesome. Viewers want to see you as an attractive model. You have to set lighting in proper place so that viewers can see your face and body clearly. Not too bright but natural lighting set up is the key.
- Time devoted during first few weeks: Usually cam sites have promotion period during first few weeks. During this time, you need to work as much as possible as this is the best time to build regular customers. If you miss it, it will be difficult to build up more regular customers as you will not have anyone to support you.
- Longer working hours means less average per hour: From our statistical analysis, there is a negative relationship between longer hour worked and average income per hour. If you work long hour at one site, the average income goes down. It is probably because viewers get bored watching the same model with the same show style.
- Time in the day: The time you work impacts how much you can make. What time to work depends on the site you work as each site has different high traffic time. The high traffic time is night time for viewers. Thus, in order to find out what time is the best, you need to know where the viewers are coming from. We have a page showing what time you should work at which site at best cam sites to make money.
- Rough Times: Although webcam modeling is a lucrative profession, one can’t expect to earn big bucks right from the start. That being said, not every show you perform will earn good money. There will be rough times when regular income and tips might both run dry. This is something every model should be prepared for.
- Attitude is Vital: The attitude or personality of a cam model is vital to keep existing clients and attract new ones. If you look bored and uninterested, in all probability your viewers would feel the same too. You can not forget that all of your viewers are paying to watch you. Thus, you need to do very good customer service.
- Beware of Fraudulent Ads: There are many fraudulent ads on the internet about becoming a cam girl and earning more than $100 per hour or up to $10,000 per week. These ads can’t be trusted as they often state maximum income of top models or use words like “up to” which denote maximum income and not a realistic figure.
The expenses that webcam models have to pay
Now you know how much camgirls make. You will have income but also some expenses as well.Although there are not many things that cam girls have to pay as the job is a service provider which does not require tangible things, there are certain things that you have to pay.
- High speed internet: This costs about $60 to $100/month. High speed internet is essential to make high salary as a webcam model. Again, before you buy nice cosmetic or cloths, get high speed internet. Viewers do not care how nice your cloths look like as much as you do really.
- HD webcam: HD webcam costs around $70. This is the initial investment. If you do not invest on this, your failure is guaranteed.
- Fees to money transaction companies: There are not many options that you can have to receive money as many companies are not willing to cooperate with adult related companies.
- Payoneer and Paxum are the ones that are widely used in camming industry.
Payoneer: When you withdraw your money from Payoneer account to your local bank account, the bank charges you for Processing fees, landing fees, or intermediary fees. This costs between $30 to $70. Also the exchange rate impacts your income as well. Payoneer uses up to 2% of market rate when they convert the currency.
- Paxum:Paxum is another big player in adult industry. There is no fees to exchange the currency. But withdrawing costs you $50 using wire transfer.
- Makeup, cloths and toys: As a cam girl, you have to get some cloths, makeup and toys to entertain your viewers. They like to see something new every time you do show. In order to meet customer demands, you have to invest your money to get new things. Tax: Webcam model is an independent contractor meaning you are working as an owner of your own business in terms of tax calcification. Whatever you make needs is considered taxable income. The higher your webcam mode l salary, the higher your tax can be.
- Accounting costs: As you are a business owner, there are certain expenses you can deduct from your income. Cloths are not usually deductible but toys can be. In order to determine what is deductible and what is not, you need to consult with an accountant. This costs about $200 to $500 to prepare for you taxes.
- Tax: Even if you receive money from a company outside of your country, you still need to pay your income tax. Cam sites will not withhold your income tax. So you need to keep your income tax money separate. Because money you receive is easily trackable, you can not hide the income fromtax agency.
How to find best paying cam sites
Even if you are good looking and have a positive personality, if the site you work for does not fit to you, you can not make money much. There are many sites that say “here is the list of best paying cam sites”. But those sites are not backed up by the actual data and analysis. The best paying cam sites depends on who you are and how you want to work. Also time factor needs to e considered as the peak time differs among camsites. We gathered information and conducted analysis based on our own analytical model to determine which site is the best paying cam sites. Do not just register to big sites just because people say it is the best. Check the article to determine which site is the best paying cam sites for you.
In case you are viewers rather than cam girl, this the best webcam sites page summarizes all the cam sites available in the world by our best knowledge.
Don’t want anyone to know you work as a webcam girl?
One of the risk that you have to face is if someone you know finds out you work as a cam model. Camming sites often have regional block function. But such system is based on IP address which does not necessarily represent where the user is. Especially, if the users accessing device is a smart phone, regional block does not do its work at all. However, such risk can be mitigated if you work for right site. Here is an article How to become a webcam girl explaining secret on how to avoid someone who you know find out . Do not take a risk that you do not have to take by choosing right site!
Good looking and positive personality are enough to be a top model? No. You have to have a solid strategy. Unless you have a business degree, you may not have an idea on how to analyse and create a marketing strategy for yourself. Basic thinking is “why do you think viewers wan to pay money to talk to you and watch your show while there are many other cam girls and free porn available.” You may think you are cute or beautiful. But you are not the only one who are cute or beautiful. Others are equally cute or beautiful. The key is how to distinguish yourself from others so that you have something that others are not offering.
We have pages explaining what you need to know and how to create marketing strategy at cam girl marketing.
Cam girl career
Most of webcam models are part time worker. They usually have other job. Because it is high pay job, people work as a cam girl for shot period of time. Some work to pay for their student loan while some work to pay for their child. Working as a cam girl, you can learn several skill sets. The most useful skill you can learn is communication skills. Webcam model as a job is something that not many people experience in their life. You talk to strangers online and make them fall in love. This require good communication skills. With such skill, what cam girls do after they quit?
They usually go back to what they do if they are part time worker. If they are full time cam girl, they look for other job. From my experiences, full time webcam models tend to go to other adult related industry such as strip club. Stripper’s required skill and cam girl skills are very similar because only difference between stripper and webcam model is online of offline.
Some past cam girl start their own business. Being successful cam girl, you need to understand how business works. So successful past cam girls have knowledge on business that can be used for starting up new business. Furthermore, Because being cam girl, you talk to many people, you can accumulate your customer bases while you work as a cam girl. Depending on what you plan to sell or provide, this customer base helps start up sells.
How much do camgirls make is up to several factors. Even if you do not make a lots, do not give up there. Webcam model income depends on viewers. What type of viewers are there depends on sites. Thus, if you can not make as much as you want, you would want to try other sites to find viewers who like you. Finding the right site is the key to be a successful model. We have pages explaining how to find the best paying cam sites. Learn as much as you can to reach your goal!
If you just wants to try to see how you do in the market, just sign up one of camsites such as bongacams or chaturbate. If you can make money, that is good. You may have talent. If you can not make money at all, you probably have some problems somewhere to fix.
If you do not want anyone to know you work as a cam girl, your best bet is to work at Japanese sites. please contact us! We love to work with you!