This page will help you to decide the best cam sites to work for. If you are viewers looking for the information on cam sites, this the best webcam sites page is for you. Webcam sites can be categorized into two types: token sites and private sites. The idea of token sites was brought to this industry by MyFreeCams. Token based camming was against the business idea of seasoned webcam sites such as Streamate, LiveJasmin, ImLive, etc. More importantly, such seasoned sites perceived the idea of token based camming as financially non-viable.
The webcam modeling market is lucrative. Every day, scores of models join this industry. Some laugh all the way to the bank. Some draw a blank check. Nevertheless, they are often advised by adult industry consultants, veterans and experienced webcam models to put their eggs in different baskets. In order to identify which site to work, we constructed an analysis model and identified the best paying cam sites. Based on this analysis, we further developed the idea to guide cam girls to decide what time to work based on time zone that they are in. Not many cam girls know about how important what time to work. This concept is explained at best cam sites to make money
The best webcam sites to work for can not be only one but several as there are waves of traffic depending on time. In other words, they are encouraged to create profiles in several cam sites. This brings me a question – which type of the cam sites is better?
Read this article to understand the pros and cons of token and private sites. This article also sheds light on how to start a webcam business for camgirls who would like to be an independent camgirl.
Token Based Cam Sites
Examples of token sites are MyFreeCams, Chaturbate, etc. For all intents and purposes, tips are the backbone of token sites. This type of sites have public chat rooms wherein members tip the models for certain erotic actions such as body part flashes, nudity, gradual undressing, masturbation, etc.
Models can set their own tip system. Tips can be used by models to set financial goals, countdowns, etc. Many token sites have other functionalities that let webcam models do private and group shows. The per-minute charge for private shows is often calculated in tokens. Sometimes, the per-minute rates are preset by the webcam sites. Webcam models cannot change them.
Token Sites Pros
- There’s a lot of interaction in public chat rooms. By all means, models can earn thousands of tokens in a single tip. To be upfront, models in a private chat will take days and sometimes, months to earn thousands of tokens
- Token sites strengthen communication at various levels i.e., establish bonds of friendship between models and members.
- More often than not, token sites have a lot of integrations i.e., models can share their social media handles, videos, photos and wallpapers, Skype shows etc. Token sites have many tools that help models to promote and advertise their range of offerings.
Token Site Cons
- Sometimes, models may feel uncomfortable while performing sexually explicit acts in a public chat room. Private chats are closely knit. Truth be told, private chats have a lot of intimacy.
- Conflicts between members may arise and may affect the performance of the webcam model. It’s difficult for models to pander to every demand of every member in the public chat room.
- It is highly likely that someone on your room will be recording you as no registration is required to watch your show. In fact, there are bots which records your show automatically and upload to other sites to make little money out of your video. If you care your privacy, token based sites are not your best cam sites to work for.
Private Cam Sites
Examples of private sites are Streamate, LiveJasmin, etc. Their mode of operation is different from that of token sites. There’s a preset per minute rate and audiences are charged accordingly. However, there are many prominent webcam networks that let models decide their respective per minute rate. A few webcam models tend to misuse and abuse this privilege by pegging exorbitant per minute rates.
There are provisions for models to participate either in group shows or private one-on-one shows.
In addition to group and one-on-one shows, audiences can also opt for voyeur / spy option. This option lets them watch a private show. Participation of audiences in voyeur / spy mode is disabled.
There’s a public chat room feature available on many private webcam sites. Depending on the webcam site and its configuration, messages typed by the audience are made visible either to all the members or only to the model.
Let me tell you – A few private cam sites do offer a tipping feature in public chat.
Private Site Pros
- There’s a lot of flexibility. Webcam girls get to decide their respective per minute rates.
- Private chats offer a great degree to intimacy. The webcam model gets to perform comfortably.
- A few members in a public chat may not be comfortable with the fetish offerings of the webcam model. It’s safe to assert that private sites are ideal for those models who offer niche / fetish shows.
- Since it is private, the risk that someone records your show is very low. Thus if you care your privacy, the private sites are the best cam sites to work for.
Private Site Cons
- The earning potential on private sites is less than that on token sites
- Webcam girls spend a lot of time on private sites. Unfortunately, their earnings are not proportionately significant. Token sites have an edge in this aspect.
Become an Independent Cam Girl
If you aren’t willing to bet your chances on private and token sites, you can safely hedge your bets on becoming an independent cam girl. Creating your own camming platform can be the best cam site to work for since you will have control over everything.
Most of cam sites prohibits models from doing certain things such as fist fucking, anything that indicate raping, anything that involves blood and so on. Those are niche market but can be high demand. In order to grab such market, building your own site is the only way.
You can start your own webcam site. This brings me to the question – how to setup a webcam site?
Having been in this industry for quite some time, I can assert that creating webcam business is an art and science. Instead of hiring web developers, testers and API developers from service marketplaces such as Freelancer, Upwork etc., purchase an adult webcam script. This strategy saves you not only a lot of time but also loads of money.
xModel is an adult webcam script created by industry veterans and growth hackers to help cam girls, internet models and adult performers build their own webcam business.
xModel has many features such as:
- Simple and clean interface
- Social feed integration
- Calendar events
- Multiple payment processors
- Live webcam streaming
- Amazon S3 integration
- Virtual token system
- Premium membership subscription
- eCommerce store integration
- Custom blog feature
You just have to choose a niche, register a domain name and seal an adult hosting deal with a service provider. Go with a dedicated hosting plan. It’s extremely beneficial in the long run.
Now that you know how to start a cam site, let’s understand how to attract eyeballs.
Since cam sites take fees to market themselves to bring you viewers, you are the one who needs to do marketing effort if you do not belong to cam sites. You can bring audience from:
- Social media
- Steaming and broadcasting apps
Bring Audience from Social Media
No doubt, audiences go gaga over their favorite models’ Instagram posts and Snapchat videos. Instagram is adult content friendly platforms. Snapchat, however, does not allow any adult contents posted. Gain leverage by using them to your advantage.
Use appealing images and provide appropriate links in your bio. The links should direct your followers ideally to your webcam business site. Use hashtags as well. Do not overdo. Use not more than 5 industry- relevant hashtags per post. Use Instagram stories feature to communicate your thoughts.
Although Snapchat prohibits adult content, many independent camgirls use it to gain audiences. Posts your attractive photo and interact with users so that they will become your customers.
Bring Audience from Free Broadcasting Apps
You can bring audiences from popular and free broadcasting apps such as Live.me and Periscope.
This app lets users to broadcast, chat, share, and follow their favorite models. The only requirement is that audiences should be at-least 18 years old. However, tweens and young teens can use this app under the supervision of parents.
Periscope is Twitter’s live broadcasting platform. There’s a profile section wherein you may provide a link to direct your followers to your webcam site. There are provisions to block annoying followers.
To decide the best cam sites to work for, you need to consider pros and cons on 2 different types of cam sites. If you decide to work for token based sites, make sure you are ok that recordings will be uploaded. Being an independent model may possibly be the best way if you aim niche. Also being independent model, you will have a control over everything which includes marketing efforts. Bringing audience to your site can be tough if you do not have any existences in internet world. But utilizing free apps and social medias could bring the viewers to your sites
If you have any question or doubts, feel free to shoot them in the comments. We shall reply in a day or two. Start your adult webcam business sans any further delay. Cheers!